Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Road Trip

Monday, October 12, 2009 - Rise and shine! Kherington and I have been sleeping in together since we came home from the hospital, but we actually had plans and had to set an alarm. That's one thing I have NOT missed! I'm still a novice at getting another person ready in the morning, but we were successful for the 2nd time at getting out the door on time. As I was putting Kherington in her carseat, she did not seem pleased. The whines started to turn into a cry, until I cranked the car and backed out of the driveway....silence. Could I BE any luckier. She loved the car ride and slept most of the way. We picked up my mom in Mt. Pleasant, and she rode with us to Paris to go see Mama Jane. We spent the afternoon with Mama Jane, Lisa, Sue, Janee, and Kenzie. I don't think Kherington went without being held except for during a few diaper changes. That's just the way she loves it! I hadn't seen my family in a while, so it was nice to get to visit with them.


The ride home was interesting. Mom rode with us from Paris to Mt. Pleasant, but we still had a 1 1/2 hour journey ahead of us. I knew if Kherington were to wake up, she'd be ready to eat. She thinks 'waking up' is synonomous with 'time to eat' no matter how long it has been. We made it to Gladewater before I heard a whimper in the back seat. That whimper quickly turned into something a little louder. Tyler was just too far for me to let that pitiful cry continue. We stopped and had a bottle, but she was still not satisfied. I found the CD from our wedding to listen to. It has very soothing music, and music helps calm her sometimes. Luckily this was one of those times. (Thanks Sue and Murray for that CD.) The rest of the trip was peaceful! We survived our first long trip in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment