Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kherington Jo

My sister, Andrea, has followed many blogs for a while now. She recently started her own, with much grief from me. After months teasing her about her blog, here I am with my own... I guess having a new baby will bring out the blogger in you.

On September 22 at 6:00am, Brad and I loaded the car with my bag, a pillow, and soon to be baby Baca's bag. We headed to the hospital for the induction of my labor. It was just one day after my due date, but it felt like ages! After checking in to the hospital, we went to the 4th floor to labor and delivery. Once, we were in the room I took the first (and only) picture of my pregnant belly. Not long after I changed into that fashionable hospital gown, a nurse came in to start my IV. Let the fun begin...

All of the details between the start of the IV and Kherington's arrival are really not necessary. Just know that the drama queen in me came out, along with Brad's inate coaching voice, and Mom's emotional side. It was a looooong day. However, it's not fair to make the day seem so dreadful. Most of it was spent hanging out with family and laughing at Avery and Addison. They are always good for some comic relief.

Finally, after hours of labor, Kherington made her apperance into the world...fashionably late. :) She was born at 9:19pm, weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces, and was 20 inches long. After the nurses weighed, measured, cleaned, and swaddled her, they gave her to me. She was wide awake and locked eyes with me for what seemed like forever. It was the most surreal moment of my life. I fell in love with her instantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment