Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blowdryer

Kherington had a long weekend. Football game on Friday, baby shower Saturday morning, pictures at Sears Saturday afternoon, and a day with her cousins. Needless to say, by Sunday morning she had a bit of attitude. Sometimes her fussiness can be cured by walking around with her, so we were strolling through the house. Her Nannie (my mom) was here since she stayed with us Saturday night so me and Brad could go out. She was in the guest room blow drying her hair. I walked into the room with Kherington and as soon as she heard the sound of the blow dryer, she stopped crying. I stayed for a few more minutes and she went to sleep. She very rarely falls asleep in someones arms without a bottle, and if she does it isn't without a fight.


Sunday night as Aaron, Brad, and I were watching the Cowboys game, she was following her normal evening routine of fussing because sleep is drawing near. It's really hard to hear the announcers with a crying baby in the room, so we busted out the blow dryer. As soon as I turned it on, the crying stopped. Minutes, maybe even seconds, later she was sound asleep! I was all prepared to buy a new blow dryer every month, but to cure fussy/sleepy baby syndrome it would be worth it. Before I burn out my blow dryer or catch the house on fire, I decided to look online for a noise machine or CD that might serve the same purpose. I found a CD that is 1 straight hour of blow dryer noise. I started to order it, but waiting 3 days for shipping was not something I was prepared to do. Could I be lucky enough to find it on itunes? It was worth a try. Believe it or not, I found the same CD on itunes, bought it, and uploaded it to my ipod. It has been working like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment