Friday, November 13, 2009

Best Day

Thursdays in the Baca house are pretty dang good days (lots of our shows are on), but yesterday was pretty much the best day ever. Well, aside from the day Kherington was born, my wedding day, blah blah. Anyway, the day started with a visitor. Kim came to spend the day with us, so I got to have some adult conversation and someone to shop with! We had a great day! Brad got home at 5 something which is a breath of fresh air, since Thursdays are l-a-t-e days during football season. The first thing he said to me when he go home was, "I think you need an iPhone." I've been moaning about my phone for a while now, but I am not the kind of person that is going to buy something unless I really think I need it. I can't begin to count how many times I've picked out a dress or a shirt at Target and carried it around the entire time only to put it back because 'I don't need it.' It drives Brad crazy, especially when I gripe the following week about having nothing to wear. He knew that if it was up to me I would just use my phone until it fell apart or I dropped it in a glass or tea or something (oh, it's been done). I wasn't about to argue with him, so we loaded up and went to the store to get my new phone. Buyers remorse was just around the corner, but Brad convinced me that I should get it and that it would be worth it. It definitely was! When we got home, let the TV watching/playing with my new phone begin. While learning of all the cool things that it does, I found out the real reason Brad wanted me to get the phone. Besides the fact that my old phone was a total piece and he couldn't hear me when he called me, he wanted to buy the 'I am T-Pain' app that has auto-tunes. I'm pretty sure T-Pain is his idol...sad, but true. It won't be long before Brad records a song and sends it to his brothers. Believe it or not, there were more good things to come. Aaron called me when he was just getting off work at Olive Garden. He brought me one of their fabulous salads after I did a little begging. Little brothers are good for something! Now...for the best part of the day. Kherington went to sleep at 10:30 and slept until....wait for it...6 freaking 30. Good TV, Kim came to visit, new phone, Olive Garden salad, and a good nights sleep. Does it get any better than that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment